- Monday, 26 January 2015 - 2:34:00 PM
One of the oldest Catholic churches in the province, the Basilica de la Immaculada Concepcion was built in 1581 by Father Diego Mojica, an Augustinian Pastor of Calapan, Mindoro. The first church was built in the present site. In 1601, the stone foundation was placed for the second church building. In 1693, a convent was added, along with some artillery to ward off marauding pirates. The second building was completed in 1721 but was destroyed on its 179th year. In 1851, Fr. Pedro Cuesta had the current church constructed. It was blessed on the 2nd of February 1857, and was then granted a Basilica status by Pope Pius XII on February 13, 1948. The church celebrated its centennial in 1957.
- Mga bagong benepisyo handog ng Philhealth sa ika-22 anniversary celebration nito
- Mainit na pagtanggap sa mga delegasyon ng SCUAA 2017 ipinadama sa Mayor’s Night ni Mayor Beverley
- Biogas digester para sa kitchen wastes pinopromote ng Brgy. Alangilan
- Batangas City Police hinarana ang mga city government employees